Tracks & facilities
Renovated and modernised in 2002 following Formula 1 standards, the Circuit Paul Ricard hosts test sessions or official races of various international championships, such as F1 World Championship, Formula Renault 3.5 and 2.0, Formula 2, and also European Le Mans Series (ELMS), GT World Challenge Europe, International GT Open, FIM EWC, etc.. The French FFSA GT Championship is also organise on the Paul Ricard, such as the Trucks Grand Prix, Dix Mille Tours and Sunday Ride Classic events.
Apart from competitions, development tests by teams, car constructors and manufacturers, and private driving sessions, the Circuit also regularly hosts driving courses (car and motorcycle), business events (incentive, seminars, product launches), club gatherings, non-motorised sports events (bicycle races, obstacle course races), and also press presentations, commercial video and photo shoots. Concerts and parties with DJs are also part of the events organised during competition weekends.
The Circuit offers 247 track solutions (from 828 metres to 5,858 metres) adapted to the objectives of each one in terms of vehicle development and training for competitions.
The Circuit Paul Ricard features 3 major track solutions:
- The 5.8 km is the longest track which hosts the majority of competitions and aerodynamic tests.
- The 3.8 km is generally used for motorcycle courses.
- The 1.8 km school track is used mainly for driving courses.
- In order to reproduce driving conditions in rain, part of the track can be watered automatically thanks to a remote-controlled watering system that activates miniature valves and spreads the desired quantity of water on the track.
The Circuit Paul Ricard also offers secondary tracks:
- The Dynamic Driving Centre is a 128-metre wet track with a “skid pan” designed for prevention driving courses, used both for cars and motorcycles.
- The 4WD track is devoted to 9-hectare 4WD driving (SUV tests, motocross training)
- The Driving Center is a 1.6 km leisure circuit devoted to motorsport which combines driving and road safety and is open to all.
- Circuit Paul Ricard Go-karting track is the extension of the spirit of the Circuit Paul Ricard for leisure and competition go-karting.
Twelve 170 m² garages with telemetry unit and garage (can be converted into 24 garages) and 5 garages in paddock II (can be converted into 10).
250 m² room with a view over the track fitted out for journalists with 250 desks equipped with an individual connection to networks, TV screens, and a WiFi terminal.
Dynamic Driving Center
128-metre wet track with a skid pan, designed for the organisation of prevention driving courses on a wet or dry track, used as much for cars as motorcycles.
9-hectare soil track with a pond, ideal for customer operations with SUV and motocross driving.
1.8 km track for driving experience and incentive : www.drivingcenter.fr